The Hurt turned Healing-The Blog Turned Book! Order at http://amzn.to/RgSTTP

The Hurt turned Healing-The Blog Turned Book! Order at http://amzn.to/RgSTTP
The Healing Season, available on Amazon, Kindle and ShannynCaldwell.com

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 40

Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down. Do you remember that song? I think it was the Carpenters (kind of neat in a Biblical way). There is something true on a very basic level in that.
There are some days when my alarm goes off and I think "what can I do to help you today, Lord?". There are other days when it goes off and I think "Oh Lord, please help me."
Day 39 started as a rainy day and a Monday. I knew I was sick before I even opened my eyes. I felt like if I got out of bed, I would puke. I got up anyway and got dressed. Made a green tea and hit the road for work. About 10 minutes into my commute it became very very clear that I could not do my radio show and that I should bring whatever I had into my workplace. I took a sick day.

That day, I was scheduled to interview this amazing up and coming Christian singer named Beckah Shae. When I realized I would miss her interview, I went onto facebook and Beckah was on, too. I IM'd her that I couldn't do the interview because I was at home sick. She replayed "We'll in that case, I declare you healed in Jesus name." I thanked her and closed down the computer intending to climb back under my blanket. When I got up, I realize something happened, that had never happened to me before. I was healed. HEALED. All better, over facebook even! People have probably said that to me thousands of times in one way or another, Day 40 it worked. This reminds me of who amazing, suprising and lavish Jesus is. I came to him 11 years ago beginning a decade of asking for a healed heart. I came to him a couple of months ago with a plan for that healing from my pastor and 11 DAYS in-Jesus HEALED MY HEART! But, as they say, WAIT there's more! Just for fun, on the very last day, Jesus decided to put a cherry on top of this "Sunday" and just for his glory-heal my body, too!!!
Can I get an AMEN?

Prayer:
Lord, thank you for your church. Thank you for your followers. Thank you for the mysterious ways in which you draw your fullness close to us. Strengthen us all that we may boldly declare the GREAT news.

Scripture:
1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

No comments:

Post a Comment