The Hurt turned Healing-The Blog Turned Book! Order at http://amzn.to/RgSTTP

The Hurt turned Healing-The Blog Turned Book! Order at http://amzn.to/RgSTTP
The Healing Season, available on Amazon, Kindle and ShannynCaldwell.com

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 39

My commitment to my pastor, myself and to you was to continue getting prayer on Wednesdays and Sundays and write-write-write until Mother's Day, which was yesterday. You may be wondering what's up with the Day 38 entry, then. Good question. Here's the deal. Jesus was tempted in the desert for 40 days and so I feel compelled to finish out these last few days until we reach the 40 day mark ourselves.
Today is a good day to review and reflect on what we've done and most importantly what the Lord has done in us.
For me, the biggest best part of the Healing Season is that the Lord has actually healed my heart. I will say it a million times, I'm sure. I'm so grateful I'm overflowing and at a loss for words. It's nothing short of a genuine miracle.
I didn't even expect it, to be honest. I thought that that Lord would either heal me right at the very end, as He is often a finish line God in my life. Or He wouldn't heal me at all and I would have to continue to live in that aching brokenness which I had grown to call home base. God never has and never will cease to amaze me.

I was thinking about what I would write on the note if I were to send up a Mother's Day balloon today. I would write "I love you, honor you, thank you and will see you soon."

For Dad, I'd write "I can't wait to see you in Heaven. I bet we'll understand each other there. Thank you, Daddy, for everything."

Then I'd send just one more to my Heavenly Father and it would say "THANK YOU!!!"

Prayer:
Lord, you amaze me. Thank you for how far you've brought me in this time. Thank you for the peace that you have given me. Thank you that even now as the wind is whirling outside my window and the rain is falling down, I am grounded and rooted. Deepen my awareness of your presence at all times, good and more challenging. Show me how I can reflect your Holy presence in the world and lives around me. Help me now to try to stand on my own and claim this healing as something the I did, but always remember that it is a blessing from my daddy, the King. Thank you, Father. For those who are still suffering, I pray that you will meet them and hold them close so that the troubles of this world will not take away the power of your steadfast love.
Amen.

Scripture:
Psalm 103
Of David.
1 Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.

2 Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-

3 who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,

No comments:

Post a Comment