The Hurt turned Healing-The Blog Turned Book! Order at http://amzn.to/RgSTTP

The Hurt turned Healing-The Blog Turned Book! Order at http://amzn.to/RgSTTP
The Healing Season, available on Amazon, Kindle and ShannynCaldwell.com

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 33

Recently I was made Music Director for the Crawford Broadcasting's Detroit group. This means that part of my job is to choose and schedule the music not only for WMUZ-the Light (Contemporary Christian) but also for WEXL (the Gospel station). Now, when I came to WMUZ about three years ago, I didn't know literally the first thing about CCM music. Now, I think it's safe to say that I have a very strong working knowledge of the music, format, artist etc. Suddenly, I now find myself embarking on a who new adventure in music-Gospel. I'm excited and scared, but mostly I'm at perfect peace because I know that the Lord has put me there and that He equips those who He calls.
I pray and ask for His help and guidance. I have the support of my faithful prayer partners who petition the Lord for me to have supernatural understanding of the duties on my plate.It's obedience and it's a beautiful thing. Plus, Gospel music just plain rocks (can I say that?)!

Yesterday I got an e-mail for someone on the Gospel side of our stations suggesting that I am totally ill-fitted to do the job of Music Direction for WEXL because I don't go to a black church and I don't know the heart of the black struggle. I was really surprised because I perceived that to be a racist point of view. I just didn't expect it. I really like and respect the sender and so it hurt, too. First I was angry, "How DARE you?" Then I weighted the pointed laid out in the e-mail and there was plenty of truth in it. I DON'T know a lot and I need to. True. I also prayed about it and the Lord reminded me of several Scriptures that point to unity and those type of barriers being removed in Jesus. He also reveal to me that the sender of the e-mail was in real pain that I didn't know about and couldn't see. He showed me that I need to pray for this man to receive his own Healing Season. Jesus came to reconcile ALL things to the Father. In Christ, the riches of the Kingdom were pleased to dwell. Those riches are a gift of His bridge-that us-the church. Not the Black church or White or Chinese or any other division of the ONE church of Jesus. Period.
So I prayed for this man and for the Lord to send His spirit to unravel this, just as He has so faithfully unraveled many many tangled messes in my life. By noon that very day, Christ was in the room and creating bonds of joy and peace and unity among me and some of the Gospel staff. Today Rev. Mother said I could call her Rev. Mommy.
Can I just get an AMEN?
We are all broken in our own unique way. We are all loved in His own extravagant over the top, all encompassing, ever healing, always reconciling way. He lives. Bless His name.

Tornadoes killed 14 people two days ago in the South. I am grateful that the Lord is the greatest Disaster Relief Worker in the world. I am grateful for the Red Cross and mostly I am grateful for the Cross.
Pray, pray hard. Pray for one another. Ask for the Lord to Heal your pain. Ask Him to heal the pain of those you love. Ask Him to heal the pain of those who hate you. Pray. Pray hard.

Prayer:
Jesus, thank you that you live in us. Thank you for sending your Spirit to guide us. Dwell in us. Use us. Heal us.
Amen.

Scripture:
Galatians 3:27-28 (New International Version)
27for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment