The Hurt turned Healing-The Blog Turned Book! Order at http://amzn.to/RgSTTP

The Hurt turned Healing-The Blog Turned Book! Order at http://amzn.to/RgSTTP
The Healing Season, available on Amazon, Kindle and ShannynCaldwell.com

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 32

I've been really thinking about and praying about why The Healing Season works. I am drawing near to a couple of reasons. First, I works because God is real and He lives. It works because He chooses to let it work and make it work. Secondly, I believe it works because of the church. Specifically, it's worked and is working because I am being diligent and obedient in following the Spirit inspired wise instruction of my own pastor. He was diligent and obedient in passing on to me what he thought the Lord was wanting to say. May friends and family in Christ have been diligent and obedient in covering this whole Healing Season and me in prayer. In short, I am not in this alone and I can't do it alone.
None of us are and none of us can.

At this point, I have to say to you, if you are following along with the Healing Season and you are not plugged into a church or following Jesus in community with other people who are close to you-who you can call, text and hang out with-you really need to get plugged into a church. Remember we ARE the church, but we are meant to live out the Jesus life in community with others. It's God's plan. From the beginning of man, to the beginning of the church today still, if we are going to see Jesus clearly, we need to be willing to take the risk and open ourselves to one another. I'm sure of it. I'm not sure why that's God's plan, but I'm sure it is.

Last night there we a dozen or so tornado's struck the Midwest. I saw a story about a couple who was caught in the twister. Their car was picked up and carried a distance. They landed, gassed it and were picked up and carried again. This time they landed in the middle of a restaurant where the rest of their family was seated and eating. Amazing. No one was killed in this series of tornadoes. I am grateful.

My husband was my prayer partner today at church. When I asked him to pray for the Healing Season his response was "We're still doing that?" I reminded him that the season, for me, ends on Mothers Days. We prayed. His prayer was that I would be reminded of how blessed I was to have my wonderful parents. He also prayed that I would find deep peace replacing the shock of loosing them both in such a destructive and violent way. I was thankful for this particular prayer, not just because I crave that peace, but also because it was his first real recognition of the nature (pardon the pun) of my loss.
Thank you, Lord.

Another thing to remember as we heal is worship. We have to take time out-at the very beginning of the day or the prayer to thank the Lord, to bless the Lord, to praise the Lord. In one of our worship songs we sing "nothing is impossible for you" in another "he has done great things" in another "how great is our God,sing with me."
We need to remind ourselves of His greatness, of His might and majesty. It's far to easy to think that the Lord can't or won't move in the corners of our hearts, minds, bodies and homes. We must repent of that line of thought and think of God as much bigger that we can imagine. All power is His. I've often said, and I'll say again "He made the mountains and He sure ask heck can move them."

Believe.

Prayer:
Thank you that I can submit everything under your authority. Thank you for revealing yourself to me directly and through your church and my family and friend. You are awesome and I love and adore you. Teach me to believe in you with an ever increasing strength and joy. Help me to trust that you are at work in my heart and mind and in the daily workings of those who I love.
Replace my fear with greater trust in you and your way and power and goodness.
Cover us, Lord as we draw near to You.
In Jesus name.
Amen.

Scripture:
Colossians 1:28-29 (New International Version)

28We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. 29To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment