The Hurt turned Healing-The Blog Turned Book! Order at http://amzn.to/RgSTTP

The Hurt turned Healing-The Blog Turned Book! Order at http://amzn.to/RgSTTP
The Healing Season, available on Amazon, Kindle and ShannynCaldwell.com

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 31

I hear from the Lord. Always have. Always. He's given me dreams and visions and clear direction for almost as long as I can remember, and I can remember a LONG way back. My first memory was when I was about three months old. It's true. My mom confirms the memory. We lived in a trailer and my bed was a dresser drawer. I remember my mom laying me down for a nap and being very very hot. I couldn't sleep. I was kicking and punching, trying to get comfortable and my mom came to me and whispered "Shanny, I know you're very hot. I promise, if you lay very still, you won't be as hot and you'll be able to rest." I tried it and it was true.
I also find in interesting that the words that the Lord gave me when he saved me are "Be still and know that I am God."
This is certainly a theme in my life. I am clearing being told to be still. Yet I'm anything but still, for the most part. I run to work and school and buzz the kids around town. I clean and cook and write and hit my yoga mat often. To be honest, my yoga mat and what I have learned and continue to learn on it is very helpful with that stillness. See, my teachers say "When you're efforting, effort completely. When you're resting, rest completely." This helps. When I rest-I REST. More about those dreams and visions to for. For now, know that you and I are loved. We are loved and we are not alone. Peace.
Prayer:
Lord Jesus, be with me. Be Lord of my rest and Lord of my work. Be Lord of my life. I am yours.
Amen

Scripture:
Genesis 2:2
By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested [a] from all his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment