The Hurt turned Healing-The Blog Turned Book! Order at http://amzn.to/RgSTTP

The Hurt turned Healing-The Blog Turned Book! Order at http://amzn.to/RgSTTP
The Healing Season, available on Amazon, Kindle and ShannynCaldwell.com

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 15

Sometimes I just need to praise the Lord. Now is one of those times. Thanks be to God, I have lived for five days with a healed heart. It is just amazing. I am so grateful to the healer, Jesus. I am so grateful for all of my prayer partners. It's just amazing.

The Healing Season for me-is decidedly the time between the snows thaw and Mothers Day. That's been the hardest time for me because the soft earth and smell and feel of the air and tornado reports in the news have felt like a torture chamber to me for a decade. I began this declaration of healing under the wing of my pastor, Jim Pool, about two weeks agon.

Pastor Pool suggested the writing and the prayer on Wednesday at small group and after church on Sunday.

In my life, God's always been very much a finish-line God. He saved my husband and my marriage after I'd already called a divorce lawyer. When I was losing a job, He provided me a new one on the very last day with my previous employeer. I didn't expect to see healing until, well-I was hoping for Mothers Day and here I am-healed!

I've lived the last five days with a restored heart. I feel it. It is true. I just want to praise HIM!

I also wonder, why. Why have I asked the Lord to heal my heart many times every day for a decade and He didn't? Why and more importantly HOW did this Healing Season bring healing? I want to know because I want healing for ALL of us.
I want YOU to be healed of your brokenness, too.
All that I can think is that the Lord is honoring other peoples prayers. He's honoring YOUR prayers for me. He's honoring my church prayer-partners pettitions on my behalf. I thank the Lord for the Body of Christ that is covering me.
It only makes me think that much more that it is imparitive that we not only pray hard and without ceasing for ourselves and our families, but for eachother. We must, absolutly MUST be constantly interceeding for one another. I don't understand it. It's a mystery but, I'm certain that it's true.

I'm reminded of my Catholic upbringing and the communal prayers and pettitions that are part of the church. They would read a prayer from the lecturn and then the Church body responds "Lord, hear our prayer." I think there is sugnificant wisdom in the differance in "Lord, hear MY prayer." and "Lord, hear OUR prayer."

Man! God is AMAZING!!!

So, here-five big days into healing, I thank you so much if you have prayed for me. If I can pray for you, leave a comment on this blog and I WILL. We will.

This Healing Season isn't over yet, though.For me, it's from the snow melting to Mother's Day and I'm going to press on and go for broke. I'm letting the Lord root out every hidden rement of brokenness so now I'll scan my heart and see if there is anything that I can bring to the cross for restoration.
I encourage you to do the same. Scan your body, your head, throat, heart, sholders, stomach, belly, hips and even your feet and see if you are letting pain remain when the Lord can take it away or fill it with peace.

Let's pause and see.
(pause)

Okay, for me I have some fear in my sholders and in the pit of my stomach. I think it's connected to fear. I think the fear is that this healing will slip away from me. I'm going to take three very slow breaths and invite the Lord to remove my fear and fill me will His healing power. I encourage you to do the same.

(pause)

I could stay in Him presence in meditation for hours. He is water to my soul.

Something came up as a memory in that time. I remembered that at the yoga work shop on Saturday, my spirit wanted to pound on the floor with my fist and scream "WHY! WHY! WHY!?????"

Next time I'm alone-I'm going to do that so that I can let it out.

Thank you, Spirit for that reminder. I am in awe of you.

Prayer:

Father, thank you for your healing. I pray that you would seal it into my every cell and every fiber of my being. I pray that you will stand guard over my heart and protect it from any decay. Lord, let this restoration be permanent and not just a great vacation from pain. I know that in this life there will be pain and trials because Jesus says that we should expect it so I do. You have won a great battle in the landscape of my heart and you are to be glorified in it. Father, I pray that you will protect me from anything or anyone who would steal what you have done. I say "No, in Jesus name. You may not have my healing. My heart is Christs."
Help me to remember this feeling. Let it be only the beginning of a much deeper understanding of your love and your restoration.
You are good and I put all my trust in you. She me ways to help other people know your freedom
In Jesus name I pray.
Amen.

Scripture:

Psalm 103

1 Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
2 Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-
3 who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
5 who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

No comments:

Post a Comment