The Hurt turned Healing-The Blog Turned Book! Order at http://amzn.to/RgSTTP

The Hurt turned Healing-The Blog Turned Book! Order at http://amzn.to/RgSTTP
The Healing Season, available on Amazon, Kindle and ShannynCaldwell.com

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 37

They call it tornado season for a reason. Tornado's strike in waves and batches. It happens in nature. It happens in life,as well.
One of my favorite Christian singers, Sara Groves, has a song called Tornado and it's not about twisters, it's about things that just plain come right out of the middle of seemingly nowhere and wipe you out. She and her friends use that word to describe fits of anger in the marriages and other "life is really messy" type events.
I love that.
See the Healing Season is for US and OUR tornado's. You know what yours is, for certain, or you would not still be reading the book. So, have you noticed what your tornado season is? Mine is what the weather people call tornado season, for obvious reasons. That season happens to be now.
The last couple of days have been very tornado-y. We've had tornado watches and warnings for days. The wind has been strong and steady and in some cases, severe. It's been intense. It's been a great opportunity for my to connect with the healing that the Lord has blessed me with and explore where the room for further healing may lie.
In all honesty, the "heavy weather" (I call it that because the day after we buried my parents I went to a Cincinnati coffee shop with my friend and there was a poster on the wall for a band called Heavy Weather and it seemed prophetic. I ought to check and see if they are still alive-if you will...) but, the heavy weather made me a little dizzy and I'm truthfully a little dizzy just writing and thinking about it. My heart is still full of peace. The unsteadiness seems to reside in my head, shoulders and jaw.
I'm going to pause and take three (for the trinity) very deep, slow breaths into all four corners of my lungs and invite Jesus to send His spirit to calm and quiet my dizziness.
(pause)
Is still feel a little dizzy. In that time with the Lord, I feel like He was asking me to do so grounding-hip opening like the pigeon-prep pose I talked about earlier in this book. If you have taken time to pause and breath and seek the Lord, I am betting that He spoke to you in some way. Either instruction on scripture or a picture. I would invite you follow that prompting and see if it draws you closer to the Lord your God and ultimately to your healing.
I am going to pause and be obedient to the Lord.
(pause)
I just did a tiny bit of hip opening and feel about 30% better. I'm going to have some prayer time and then do a little more hip opening postures until I feel at least 80% better. While I'm in the postures and feeling challenge in them, I'm going to breath deeply and invite Jesus to bring His deep rooted healing into my mind, body and spirit.

Prayer:
Thank you Jesus, for your healing power. Thank you Father for the build-in intelligence that you have given each of us. Thank you for the fact that as I connect to my breath, I connect to you. Thank you for the air in my lungs today, for I know that you put it there for my good and for your glory. You are the name above all names and I adore you. Help me in my times and distress when I feel something less that your peace, to seek you first.

Scripture:
Matthew 8:23-27 (New International Version)

Jesus Calms the Storm
23Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. 24Without warning, a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. 25The disciples went and woke him, saying, "Lord, save us! We're going to drown!"
26He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

27The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

No comments:

Post a Comment