The Hurt turned Healing-The Blog Turned Book! Order at http://amzn.to/RgSTTP

The Hurt turned Healing-The Blog Turned Book! Order at http://amzn.to/RgSTTP
The Healing Season, available on Amazon, Kindle and ShannynCaldwell.com

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 27

First, I must make sure one thing is very clear. My heart is healed by Jesus. He healed me. I have been living 11 years with a black hole in the center of my chest. It is gone. He healed me about two weeks ago.

I could just stop and call the Healing Season a success and that would be true. It is. My heart is healed. I am truthfully continuing because I have made a commitment to my pastor and to myself that I will work all the way through what has been the hardest season for more than a decade and that is the period between the melting of the snow and Mothers Day. This is my hard season. I don't know what your Healing Season is. You do and I encourage you to work through it. If it's Christmas time, the heat of Summer, when the leaves turn in Autumn...work through it. Go there. Go there with God. Look at the moments that hurt and invite Jesus into it. Remember that Jesus came to reconcile ALL things to the Father. All things include your hurt, your struggle, your childhood, your father and your mother, your marriage or the loss of it, ALL THINGS. For me, mostly it's the tornado and the loss of my parents and so after years of counciling and a wonderful church family who have loved me and blessed me with insite and wisedom, I am going there with you. I hope that as I "drop bread crumbs on this path", you will follow and find your own Healing Season.

Prayer:
Jesus, thank you.
Father, thank you.
Spirit, thank you.

Scripture:
Luke 9:58-60 (New International Version)

58Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."

59He said to another man, "Follow me."
But the man replied, "Lord, first let me go and bury my father."

60Jesus said to him, "Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment