The Hurt turned Healing-The Blog Turned Book! Order at http://amzn.to/RgSTTP

The Hurt turned Healing-The Blog Turned Book! Order at http://amzn.to/RgSTTP
The Healing Season, available on Amazon, Kindle and ShannynCaldwell.com

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 19

Today I am dizzy. Today I am sick to my stomach. Today I am tired. This doesn't mean that I have lost my healing-not at all.
I will check in with my heart right now and scan for a sign of brokenness.
(pause)
My heart is healed. That you Lord. It seems like the blessing of a new miracle every single day. Wow. Amen.

Yet, I must come to the Lord and ask Him to work on this feeling of dis-ease.
On day one of the Healing Season, a wise elder from my church suggested that rather than asking the Lord to take my emptiness away, I my try asking Him to FILL it.
I think I'll apply that to this. Instead of asking "Lord, take away my dizziness" I will ask Him to ground me and root me deeply in His word and truth. I will asked Him to settle me down.

That's my prayer at the moment.

As I pray that,I feel the Lord asking me to get down on the ground and do things which I KNOW settle me. The first thing that comes to mind is yoga. A grounding pose for me is pigeon pose.

Right now my anxiety is at about a 4-5 out of 10.

I'm going to take a minute (one minute) and rest in pigeon pose and just focus on my breath and the earth beneath me. Then I'll check in again.

(pause)

Well, that was worth the time. After one simple minute, I think I could actually go to sleep. My anxiety is at about a 1. Thank you Lord.

While I was in the pose, the Lord just showed me a really neat thing. Do you know what silly putty is? it's a molding clay that kids play with. He showed me that I was like silly putty. He showed me that when I get wound up what I need to do is pause and press myself down flat to the ground like when you take silly putty and press it onto a piece of newspaper or a comic. When you do that, the putty retains the picture of whatever it is pressed into. He showed me that when a press into Him, I retain the picture of the Lord.

Wow and wow, again.

Isn't God cool?

Also, I should note that before I laid in pigeon pose, I spayed some lavender oil in the air. Sometime soon, I'll blog about how the Lord's garden in also his pharmacy.

We have so much to be thankful for.

Prayer:
Lord, thank you for the way that you heal. Thank you for being in relationship with me. Thank you for showing up in my life and guiding me. Thank you for my prayer partners. I pray that you will bless and strengthen them. I pray that you will fill them over full so that in their generous out-pouring, they are refreshed and encouraged. Lord, I am even now opening my mind and my spirit to your will. Have your way with me, Jesus. I am yours.

Scripture:
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God”
(Philippians 4:6, NASB).

Note:
Wanna hear something COOL? I just googled the scripture I wanted to use and it came up on a woman's blog post from April 9th of 2009. That's the 10 year anniversary of the tornado.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment