The Hurt turned Healing-The Blog Turned Book! Order at http://amzn.to/RgSTTP

The Hurt turned Healing-The Blog Turned Book! Order at http://amzn.to/RgSTTP
The Healing Season, available on Amazon, Kindle and ShannynCaldwell.com

Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 29

I thank God for the people I follow Jesus with. I thank God for my church family. I thank God for my pastor Jim and his wife Meg, who came up with the plan for the Healing Season in the first place.
I thank God for my friend Ali, who has held my hands and prayed through this journey with me at LEAST once a week.
Yesterday, after church, I asked Ali to pray with me and she said "Sure."
"The unsual," I said and by now she knows that mean healing from the loss and brokeness connected to the tornado.
It was a simple prayer of thanks for what the Lord has done and continues to do in my heart and in my mind.
When we were done praying, I complemented her on a lovily scarf that she was wearing.
She told me that her mom maid it for her. "I bet you have a great mom," I said. "I do."
Then she just took that beautiful scarf off and said, "I get complements on this scarf every time I wear it and I've never wanted to give it to someone, but I want you to have it. Will you take it?"
I did.
It feels and smells great and I feel like I'm getting a motherly hug when I'm wearing it. I slept with it on last night.

Not two minutes later, the Lord used another member of my church family to show me motherly love.

A few weeks back, a girl on the worship team had her toncils removed and I cooked for her family. Well, her mom walks up to me and gives me back the casserole dishes. She didn't just hand me my plates, though. She gave them to me in the beautiful hand-made bag that SHE had made and said "You can keep this bag. I got the fabric in San Fransisco."

The Lord just blessed my socks right off with motherly love yesterday.
Thank you Father.

Prayer:
Lord, I thank you that you are at work in my heart, in my mind, in my family, in my church and in my relationships. Father, thank you for giving me such kind love through the members of the body of Christ in my life. Thank you for meeting my need and even my wants. Thank you for giving me a true assurence that this earthly tent of the human body is a blessing and is temperary and for showing me in church that my mom and dad are dwelling in heavenly bodies. I know that we all have the victory in you and I thank you for that more than I can express. Help me to draw near to you. Help me to listen for your voice and be obedient to your prompting so that I can turn around and be a blessing to others.
I love you with all my heart. Thank you for healing me.

Scripture:
Hebrews 10:24-25 (New International Version)
24And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. 25Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment