The Hurt turned Healing-The Blog Turned Book! Order at http://amzn.to/RgSTTP

The Hurt turned Healing-The Blog Turned Book! Order at http://amzn.to/RgSTTP
The Healing Season, available on Amazon, Kindle and ShannynCaldwell.com

Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 25

Today is the anniversary of the tornado.
I did not sleep well last night. I was constantly waking and thinking "tomorrow is the anniversary". I wondered if Mom or Dad might just show up or give me some sign that they were with me. I wondered if they may come in a dream, but I only had nightmares. When I stayed awake, I just agonized. I worried at the temperature dropping and if there my be another tornado.

Today I am doing something called a Joy Flash Mob.
The listeners of my radio show and I have learned a dance to a GREAT gospel song called Joy. At noon today we are going to downtown Detroit and we are mixing ourselves into the crowd outside Comerica Park for the Tigers Home Opener. As soon at the clock strikes twelve, our song will boom over loud speakers and we will erupt into dance. When the song ends, we will mix our way back into the crowd like it never happened. Joy Flash Mob!

I feel like this is such a wonderful and healthy was to eulogize my parents.
There's a line in the song that says "This joy that I have, the world didn't give it to me. This joy that I have, the world can't take it away." Thank the Lord, that is a TRUE statement. If Jesus didn't save me, that wouldn't be true for me and I would be lost and in utter despair. I thank God for the Jesus followers who led me to Him. I thank God for Jim and Megan Pool and Rebbecca Chadwick. I thank God for my beautiful brother, Ryan Cook who is my greatest treasure from them. I above all thank the Lord for the mercy that He took on me when He revealed the truth of Jesus and the hope that we have in Him. This joy that I have-the world didn't give it to me-the Lord did.

Prayer:
Father, thank you for my parents. Thank you that you are healing my heart and because of that, I not only have joy, I have peace.

Scripture:
Philippians 4:6-7 (New International Version)
6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment